If you already have gotten a DUI for this year, you are not alone. According to a report by MADD, nearly 1.6 million people were arrested due to driving under the influence in 2018. You may be wondering how you can your year back on track before this DUI derails your 2019. It starts with understanding you cannot face DUI charges without proper legal representation.
How a DUI Attorney Can Help
Despite how innocent, guilty, or your willingness to cooperate, one of our highly skilled attorneys will work with you to protect your rights and ensure you are not punished unjustly. It is crucial to take the proper steps to guarantee you have the best defense by:
- Hire an attorney immediately following your arrest.
- Call your DUI defense attorney once your arrest occurs.
- Do not discuss your case until your lawyer arrives.
- Once you are awaiting formal charges, meet with your lawyer to discuss the specific circumstances surrounding your DUI.
- Honesty is needed for these conversations to determine the best strategy for your defense.
Though you already have a DUI for 2019, this slight bump will not ruin your year with the help of our professional attorneys. For more information or any questions regarding how to not let a DUI get in the way of your life, contact Franks & Rechenberg, P.C. today.
To learn more about how we can represent you, click here.